These are the upcoming events and trips for the 2016-2017 Season
7:00 am - 7:00 pm at Pelee Island2017 JDSC Annual Pelee Island Bike Ride and Winery
2017 JDSC Annual Pelee Island Bike Ride And or Winery
Pelee Island: The day begins with a Ferry ride across Lake Erie to Pelee Island. Be sure to leave Detroit extra early (bridge backups can be frustrating), and the Ferry will leave on time. It’s a relaxing, scenic ride on a large Ferry boat. You can sit outside on the top deck and enjoy the view, or ride indoors and take advantage of the snack bar. We take our bikes on board and store them below deck. A fee is charged for each passenger with an additional fee for their bike.
US/Canada Toll $4.00 each way per vehicle Bridge/Tunnel.
Ferry cost – $7.50 per adult, $6.25 per senior (65+),
$3.75 Child 6-12yrs old each way.
Bikes transported $3.75 each way.
*You can rent a bike at Advance Bike Rental on the Island-call 519-724-2828 to reserve now!!!
Ferry loads @ 9:00am and fills up quickly – departs promptly @10am but gate closes before then.
The Ride: the ride begins after we leave the Ferry at Peele Island. To loop the entire island is about an 18 mile ride. If you want a shorter ride, you can ride a portion of the way, turn back and meet the rest of the group at the Winery. The Winery grill has burgers, chicken and other snacks and very good wine. We will leave the Winery together btw 3-3:30pm to board to the Ferry (about a 10 min ride).
Suggestion for those who want to meet up with others for the drive:
As a tradition, some meet up btw 7:30-8:00 am @ the McDonalds the Canadian Side just beyond the Ambassador Bridge exit. McDonalds is on the immediate right side. Leads to Hwy 3 East (please plan ahead to get there on time to caravan with those who want to meet up)
Directions to Leamington Ferry using the Ambassador Bridge
• Upon exiting Ambassador Bridge you will be on Hwy 3 East (also known as Huron Church Rd)
• Cont. on Hwy 3 East for ~7 miles
• Merge Rt to follow Hwy 3 towards Leamington
• Cont ~32 miles on Hwy 3 East
• Turn Rt on Talbot St.
• Go past 4 lights, turn left onto Erie ST
• Cont on Erie St ~ 3 miles through town. Erie street dead ends at the Ferry lot.
• Park in lot
Reverse Directions if going back to the Bridge to return home!
You are welcome to hang out after the ride at Terri & Ben’s cottage
please use the directions below:
Directions from the Ferry to the Cottage (camping not necessary)
• Leaving the Ferry, drive North on Erie St. ~ 3 miles
• Turn Right on Talbot St.
• Cont on Talbot St.~7 miles or 11 km, Passing through the small town of Wheatley
• Continue on Talbot St 1 mile, to Cemetery Rd. on the other end of town
• Turn Right on Cemetery Rd. (dirt road)
• Follow around a small Cemetery, Continue to follow dirt road to Hiawatha Beach/Erie Line Rd
• Turn Right on Hiawatha Beach/Erie Line Rd
• First House on Left (White) at bend. Look for the parked cars.
• Park on grass directly in front of the house
Important things to bring if you’re going back to Terri & Ben’s Cottage after Pelee Island.
• MUST BRING A DISH TO PASS
• Bug repellant
• Your Coolers and beverages
• Hat to shade the sun
Please be sure to print out your GPS directions in case you lose your signal.
(Saturday) 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Learn more about this event Learn More
Jim Dandy Ski Club
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm at 24201 W. 7 Mile RD, Detroit, Michigan 48219 JDSC SUMMER MEETINGS @ DEMI’S
(Thursday) 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
24201 W. 7 Mile RD, Detroit, Michigan 48219